Sexual Violence Intervention and Prevention (VIP) for New Undergraduate Students
UC Davis requires that all incoming undergraduate students complete mandatory sexual violence intervention and prevention (VIP) training within the first six weeks of their beginning classes at UC Davis. VIP training for undergraduate students will be conducted by the Center for Advocacy Resources and Education (CARE). All undergraduate students new to UC Davis in 2019-20 are required to receive this training.
For undergraduate students starting at UC Davis in Fall Quarter 2019, the deadline to complete the requirement is Monday, November 4, 2019. Students who do not complete the VIP requirement by the deadline will have a hold placed on their student account, preventing them from being able to register for Winter 2020 classes.
- Student who attend Summer Orientation will have an opportunity to complete the VIP requirement during the orientation program.
- Students who do not attend Summer Orientation or who miss the VIP presentation during Orientation will have an opportunity to complete the VIP requirement at one of the walk-in sessions listed below. There is no pre-registration for these sessions. However, to receive credit for attending, you must arrive on time, stay for the entire presentation, and have your UCD student ID number and email address with you.
- Monday, 9/23 at 1:00 - 2:15pm in Giedt 1001
- Tuesday, 9/24 at 2:00 - 3:15pm in Giedt 1001
- Thursday, 10/3 at 3:00 - 4:15pm in the Student Community Center Multipurpose Room
- Wednesday, 10/9 at 10:00 - 11:15am in the Student Community Center Multipurpose Room
- Monday, 10/14 at 1:00 - 2:15pm in the Student Community Center Multipurpose Room
- Thursday, 10/24 at 9:00 - 10:15am in the Student Community Center Multipurpose Room
- Monday, 11/4 at Noon - 1:15pm in the Student Community Center Multipurpose Room
- An online VIP webinar will be offered on Wednesday, 10/23 at 6:30 - 7:45pm for students who are not able to attend an in-person session.
- Pre-registration is required. To register, you must provide your UC Davis email address and student ID number.
- To receive credit for completing the VIP requirement via the webinar, participants must be logged on for the entire webinar, participate in the polling during the webinar, and then successfully complete an online quiz that will be assigned to you via the CANVAS platform after the webinar.