Sexual Violence Intervention and Prevention (SVPT) for New Professional and Graduate Students
UC Davis requires that all incoming graduate and professional students complete mandatory sexual violence intervention and prevention (SVPT) training within the first six weeks of their beginning classes at UC Davis. All academic and professional graduate students new to UC Davis in 2019-20 are required to receive this training.
For graduate students starting at UC Davis in Fall 2019, the deadline to complete the SVPT requirement is Monday, November 4, 2019. Students who do not complete the SVPT requirement by the deadline will have a hold placed on their student account, preventing them from being able to register for 2020 Winter Quarter or Spring Semester classes.
- For most new professional students, an SVPT session will be provided as part of your orientation program.
- For new academic graduate students and professional students who were not able to attend an SVPT session as part of their orientation program, there will be an SVPT session offered during Graduate Studies Orientation on Monday, September 16 in the Mondavi Center from 3:30-5:00pm.
- For students who cannot attend Graduate Studies Orientation, make-up SVPT sessions will be offered on the Davis campus during Welcome Week and the first half of Fall Quarter. There is no pre-registration for these sessions. However, to receive credit for attending, you must arrive on time, stay for the entire presentation, and have your UCD student ID number and email address with you.
- Monday, 9/23 at 4:00 - 5:30pm in Giedt 1001
- Thursday, 10/3 at 8:30 - 10:00am in the Student Community Center Multipurpose Room
- Monday, 11/4 at 8:30 - 10:00am in the Student Community Center Multipurpose Room
- An online SVPT webinar will also be offered on Tuesday, 10/22 at 6:30-8:00pm for students who are not able to attend an in-person session.
- Pre-registration is required. To register, you must provide your UC Davis email address and student ID number.
- To receive credit for completing the SVPT requirement via the webinar, participants must be logged on for the entire webinar, participate in the polling during the webinar, and then successfully complete an online quiz that will be assigned to you via the CANVAS platform after the webinar.